Monday, July 10, 2006

Because of You

A curious phenomenon has been occurring lately. It seems I cannot get into my car without hearing Kelly Clarkson's "Because of You." This is especially strange because as far as I know, this single is almost a year old. Even more bizarre, the other day I was in the car less than 10 minutes and heard it twice.

Is this unsettling chain of events happening to anyone else, or have I been targeted by an out of this world being for a special message? If so, an interesting choice of medium indeed, for a) I do not watch American Idol and b) my radio is moody and only works intermittently.

Quick! A dolphin is trapped in a tuna net ya'll! Someone call a new stylist STAT!

6 comments:

Andria said...

weirdness. I like Kelly Clarkson, but whoa, that outfit is atrocious! Thanks for the laugh.

Ruby said...

I like Kelly Clarkson too, but where in the hell are her shoes?! Nik, Because of You we got a laugh this AM. Ha!

Anonymous said...

That might be the most hideous ensemble I have seen in some time. Megan pointed out the first problem - she is missing shoes. Secondly, and I say this knowing full well that I live in a glass house in this regard, but unless you have Madonna's abs, you should never bare your abs like this. Ever.

Also, what's with the one leather glove? This is all very confusing (and somewhat disturbing) to me.

Parm said...

where's her magic lamp?

Anonymous said...

I have to say the mesh-bra ensemble, the camo parachute pants, the glove, the shoelessness. From top to bottom, a disaster. The ladies at Go Fug did a great one on this ensemble here http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yourself/2006/07/fug_away.html in case you missed it.

I've had that bizarre radio experience before - including a time earlier this year when I could not escape Hollaback Girl. Ugh.

Niki said...

i can't believe you guys don't like her outfit.

as for the lack of shoes, i think that may have been the best decision she made that day. i mean honestly, what the hell kind of shoe could make this look any better? i think shoes only make it worse. i hope she doesn't step on anything, though.