Friday, April 25, 2008

Empty Nest

A few hours ago I dropped Masala off at doggie daycare (aka the kennel), where he will stay for the next few days while I traipse around San Francisco.
To be sure, there was mild separation anxiety on my part before dropping him off and more than a little bit of guilt and sadness as I said goodbye. (I am a huge dork, I know. I almost cried, poor little guy doesn't know I'm coming back, you know?)

The house is always strange when I come home and he doesn't greet me, and tonight it's pretty lonely not having him underfoot. I even hear a faint whimper every once in awhile.


Thankfully, I will soon be surrounded by fantastic friends, shopping, chocolate, and alcohol, so I'm sure he'll be forgotten by this time tomorrow! ; ) (If you read this M, you know I'm kidding - I'll probably look at pictures of you on my phone and think of you, silly.)

2 comments:

jenn said...

Don't feel silly at all. I always worry about my cats and feel guilty when I leave them, even though they a) are comfortably at home (we've never boarded them before, just used a kitty sitter) b)have each other for company and c) are cats, and therefore don't really miss me as much I wish they would. :)

See you very soon! YAY!

Ruby said...

I want Masala to come to my house! I just know he and Lilly would be BFF!