Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

August 5th. Conor Oberst releases his first solo album since he was a teenager, accompanied by the "Mystic Valley Band." (Ash and Jenn, this includes Nik Freitas!!)




I would give all the money I have to hop into that picture and into that hammock. Oh, and beat up that girl in the background or push her in the fire.

The even better news: AUGUST 10TH Conor is playing near me!! Someone must've told homeboy that my birthday is AUGUST 11TH and he decided to be nice and play the night before, knowing that the 11th is a Monday and it would be really exhausting for me to drive there after work. Best. Birthday. Ever. (probably)

3 comments:

jenn said...

How very exciting!! I feel supercool that I even know who Nik Freitas is, much less that I saw him live in SF. I'm sure it will be a fabulous birthday!

Ruby said...

I have no idea who this is, but yay for you! How very nice to have something to look forward to in addition to your birthday.

Oh, and I like the way you think, what with beating up the girl or pushing her in the fire. Good stuff, right there.

ashley said...

Hurrah! Connor will hopefully give you a special shout out from the mic. And then you can makeout with him. Should be awesome! :)