Friday, April 07, 2006

Questions Without Answers

Why do I always spill something on my jeans the day after I wash them, foregoing a chance to wear them several times before the next wash?
Relatedly, why are there two ways to spell forego/forgo, each with distinct definitions, but very, very closely related definitions? Wait - dictionary.com gives them the same definition, but the thesaurus on MSWord gives them each separate synonmyns: forego - give up, sacrifice, do without; forgo - miss, relinquish, skip, not bother with. Very curious. Are they the same word?

Why is it that even when I'm on a "diet" I secretly hope the WestLaw and LexisNexis computer labs have a candy bowl full of candy?

Why does Sharon Stone think making an album is a good idea?

Why is that even though I'm 26 years old, I still think this headline is hilarious: "New Rings Found Around Uranus"?

Why am I making this ridiculous list of questions instead of working on my research paper? (Hey wait, here's one I know the answer to - because I'm the Queen of Procrastination, and it's just what I do.)

Why does this man's mouth remind me of a vagina?

More questions coming at you as I struggle to research on this gorgeous spring Friday afternoon.

Update, 4:23pm, 4/7/06
Have I spent more time researching or playing on the internet today?

Why will Westlaw print all of my articles/cases, but Lexis only does so every once in awhile - picking and choosing the worthy documents?

Why do orange sweetarts taste so gross?

No comments: