Thursday, May 04, 2006

Let's play a little game

This one is called "Guess Who's Fucked" (not in a good way)

I'll give you a moment while you guess.

































Me!

Points to you if you guessed correctly. I've got a 25 page paper due May 15. I start my job on May 15. This means it's due May 14. Today I decided I should probably work on it. To my credit, I have done a lot of research. Of course, I've not read about 4/5 of that research, so yeah, I've got a lot to do. Also, more research is probably necessary. Not to mention the actual writing, typing, and citing of the paper. Oh, and another final to take on Monday.

Does anyone happen to have a paper handy on Coker v. Georgia? Yeah, didn't think so.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and send me telepathic good vibes (and caffeine, and a little smarts if you've got any to spare).

And if you've got a "Guess Who's Fucked" story of your own, by all means...

(Have no fear - law-school-whining posts are almost over. You guys might be as happy as me to reach May 15.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll send you good vibes! If it makes you feel any better, I got four hours of sleep Monday night to finish up two presentations for Tuesday and then got four hours of sleep again on Tuesday night to finish up an evaluation project for Wednesday, which included a 13 page single-spaced paper followed by 21 pages of data analysis. It was really the sort of thing I shouldn't have waited until the night before to finish, but it got done, so whatever.

Of course, after all that stress and sleeplessness, I got a migraine today, but hopefully you will be much luckier than me. :)

I have about forty-five hours of my internship to finish by Monday evening, so that should be interesting. . .

The good news is that it WILL get done. We never, ever learn to stop procrastinating, and yet it all seems to get done somehow. I'm sure you're the type of person who does it the night before and is certain it's crap and then always gets an A. It will all work out. No worries.

I'll be thinking of you!