Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics: Day 5-2

* Michael Phelps is a machine! Damn.

* Did you see the 3rd Chinese girl on vault? She is so NOT of age (16 within the "Olympic year" - whatever that means). The announcers were like, "She can walk under the beam!"

* Nastia Luikin can twirl like a madwoman on those uneven bars. Too bad her name makes me think of "nasty lugie."

* It's 11:30 and I'm holding my eyes open with toothpicks. Damn you gymnastics, keeping me up all night two nights in a row.

* Desperately seeking Tennis schedule, fear that I will miss Nadal. . .for the first time since I moved I'm really missing having cable so I could watch on the extended NBC networks (correction, second time - also miss Project Runway).

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Oh man, no shit on staying up so late and paying for it the next day! Also, whilst on the elliptical machine watching the pre-Olympics thing, I hear of Nastia. All I can think of is when I get home I need to look her up so I can write about how her name is Nasty! I totally forgot, but thanks for mentioning it. How AWFUL to be a Nasty.

penelope said...

Nasty Lugie, hee.