Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All Good Things Come To An End

I knew it was too good to be true. I had been in an uninterrupted good mood for almost five days straight, which must be some sort of record for me, and it was bound to come to an end sooner or later. I'm always skeptical when I wake up in high spirits, and today proved the rule.

Things that suck about today:

* My one case took two hours in court. It should have taken twenty minutes. Thank you client.

* My oil change turned into a $700 repair. Thank you universe. Did you see my post yesterday about how I need to SAVE MY MONEY FOR AWESOME TRAVEL ADVENTURE??!! Argh.

* My parents felt bad about the car, offered to buy this suit I've been eyeing, I go to Ann Taylor Loft website to purchase it, and they don't have my size. Oh, and the suit is now 30% off, so you know, just rub some salt in the wound a little.

* Masala had another accident - this time only after he'd been running amok in the house for 4 hours because I'd been so frazzled about my car I forgot to put the gate up. No accident for those 4 hours. Put the gate up for 15 mins so I can pee and change clothes for our walk. Little bastard decides he can no longer hold it. (He's been on this allergy medicine that makes him pee and not control it, but STILL. I know he did it just to spite me because I quit giving him that medicine yesterday, plus, see aforementioned 4 hours without accident. Little shit.)

* I got my period like 3 days early as far as I can remember. W.T.F.

* Did not get to go to kickboxing, as I had been looking forward to, due to unavailability of car which is still in the f-ing shop. Trust me, I could really pretend to punch a lot of things right now.

* Lost is a rerun. What am I supposed to do for entertainment tonight? Twiddle my thumbs? Read a book? Laundry? Pssh. No.

All I have to say is thank goodness for Netflix and wine (oh, and if this wine turns out to be a lemon, somebody is getting a beat down), because without these things. . .I don't even want to think about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Effing universe! I wholeheartedly agree about somebody getting a beat down if the wine is bad. I'm trying a new brand tonight, as a matter of fact, but no beat downs over here. Straight down the gullet for me! :)

Niki said...

We're OK. Wine is fabulous!!

Andria said...

Glad the wine worked out for you both.
It may be a long shot, but can you try calling an ATL store and see if they can help you locate your size? Sometimes I find that online limits the quantities, but they are still available in the stores? maybe?

jenn said...

Sorry you had such a crappy day. Netflix is also such a lifeline for me--with no work to to go every day, and no money to go out and do fun things, I think I might go crazy without it!