Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympics 2010: Day 1?

I didn't get to see the Opening Ceremony last night, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I'm pretty sure competition didn't get underway in Vancouver until today.

So far all I've watched was the Men's 5000m skating competition. It went like this: Woke up from nap dazed and confused. Skating seemed pretty boring since it lasted 6+ mins and only two skaters raced at a time, but nonetheless I sat there, nearly comatose watching because honestly, I was so hungover I couldn't do anything else.

Then all of a sudden it got interesting, and I actually got into it. Shani Davis, a black speed skater for Team USA is totally hot. Korean dude Seung-Hoon Lee was also pretty good looking. Then there's Netherlands' speed skating Michael Phelps - Sven Kramer (pronounced KRAH-mer not KRAY-mer, weird) who is absolutely adorable (photogenic, no, but on camera he was pretty cute, especially when he won and climbed the bleachers to his family and girlfriend).

But let's talk about the outfits, shall we? Who the hell designed those monstrosities? It looks like a spring wet suit with tights and long sleeves underneath. And they all. look. the same. Speed skating body condom fail. Check it out here b/c again, too lazy to copy and post pics myself.

No comments: