Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Rules of Tennis

One of my favorite things about coming home to Georgia is hanging out with my nieces. They are 13 and 18, which means they are now at ages where I can actually relate and we can have a really good time together. They are both full of personality and crack me up on the regular.

A couple of nights ago, my little sister (22), my two nieces, and I went to the tennis courts up the street for some nighttime tennis. None of us are superstars but we all have a genetic athletic prowess which allows us to be at least somewhat competent in most sports (except bowling; I did not get that gene), so I thought we could at least get some good hits in.

Or. . .not.

Turns out we all super suck at tennis. Thus, to make things a little easier on ourselves, we developed these 4 basic rules for tennis that anyone can follow:

Rule Number 1: It helps if you keep your eyes open.

Rule Number 2: Make contact with the ball.

Rule Number 3: Hit the ball over the net.

Rule Number 4: All rules except these are superfluous.

Happy Tennis-ing!

No comments: