Thursday, October 06, 2005

Midnight (or afternoon) train to Georgia

I'm feeling a little like I'm strung out on crack this morning (in a bad way). I woke up in a frenzy because I had to finish packing for my trip to Georgia. I never seemed to get my head on straight and left the house not just with the, "I know I forgot something...." feeling but the, "I hope whatever I forgot isn't very important because I don't want to waste time to come back and get it because I'm already 20 minutes late for class" feeling. As it turns out what I forgot was mildly important - The Blue Book.

You should all thank your lucky stars that you don't know what the blue book is. It's the devil. It's the legal profession's guide to citations, punctuation, and other unimportant minutiae like underlining v. italics. It's about 200 pages of non-stop fun. What the hell do I need this for you are probably asking. Well, I get to do this really exhilirating task called a cite check for the Virginia Environmental Law Journal. Basically, the journal coerces some 2Ls to go over the footnotes in its articles to make sure the dots, quotes, underlines, italics, and small caps are in the right place. Perfect long-trip fun and games!! ooorrr...Not. In exchange for doing said exercise, you get to add another bullet to your resume - goody goody!!! Silly me. I actually thought I was going to learn something about environmental law.

Anyway, don't tell the bookstore but I think I'm just going to buy one, keep it in perfect condition, then return it on Monday. You all probably couldn't give a rat's ass, so I do apologize. See above statement about strung out on crack. Brain not functioning properly. This post pretty much blows, so I'm just going to shut up. Probably nothing new this weekend, although I may get to see some of you at Katie's wedding : ) Monday should turn out to be a plentiful day because I'll spend most of it in the library doing the "substance" part of aforementioned cite check making sure the authors didn't plagarize - due by Monday. I'll need lots of procrastination. I leave you with a suggestion for the weekend:

i have found the best ice cream ever. it's made by mayfield and is called "birthday cake." you'll feel like you're five again. see if you find it utterly impossible to put the carton down before you lick the sides.

No comments: