Monday, May 01, 2006

Mystery Solved?

I am only going to say this one more time: If you do not or have not watched Veronica Mars, DO IT NOW. You can buy the first season here for around $30. Also, check your local video stores, they may have it for rent. As a reward for finishing my first exam this morning, I allowed myself to watch the final two episodes this afternoon. This show has something for everyone: attractive but not t00 attractive people, witty dialogue, mystery, teen drama, cheese. Get it. Watch it. LOVE it.

To continue with the mystery theme, I'd like to present you with a quote from www.overheardinnewyyork.com (thank you Ashley!):
Man whispering into cell phone: I heard that if you inject enough [mumblemumble]into his bloodstream, in a couple of hours, the coroner can't tell the cause of death!...Uh huh, uh huh ...I know, baby, I know....Yeah, I know. But baby, will you be my alibi?
--F train

I supplied the quote, now you give me the story. What did he do? Is he joking? Is this a ruse? Did he just poison his cat? His boss? His best friend that hit on him? Here's a story about murders in New York, if you need a little inspiration. Depending on this works out, this may be a regular feature here on nik's notes.

So, uh, my refrigerator is completely empty - except for weeks-old leftovers - so I gotta get to the store.

I am now one paper and one exam away from being 2/3 done with law school! (But really 4/5 because next semester in Australia doesn't count!!)

V. Mars is already on the case of that cellphone murderer...

11 comments:

Ben said...

great mystery Niki, i have to think about this more but i don't think it's a coincidence that the wig window person has moved out and now we have suspicous goings on in NYC...

We'll weave these threads together, don't you worry.

Niki said...

Wig-wam moved out?! You did not post this on the muck. He may be in NYC now, but any minute could appear in C'ville. I better start watching my back - especially since when I write about it the lights go out.

Ben said...

I wanted to wait till this was confirmed , which it will be by tomorrow; but this conversation more or less sealed it for me.

Keep hold of your wigs, toilet papers and vegetables; we're all potential victims here.

Ben said...

NEWS FLASH; Wig man is still here; maybe he was hiding, maybe he's on to us; full post later; we need to work together to stay alive, let alone solve this

Anonymous said...

You know, I've read a lot about Veronica Mars, but I keep thinking that I never actually see it on TV. You've solved THAT mystery for me. I just saw the little UPN in the corner of the photo. We don't get UPN. I don't know why we don't because I pay an amount I'm too embarassed to admit for extended basic cable and I get at list a dozen channels I could care less about, but I am denied UPN. (Which also means I have to wait for the VH1 marathon to see America's Next Top Model...) The injustice!

Anonymous said...

Ash, I'm so sorry you are denied such grat television as V. Mars & ANTM!! I love them both. Nik, I can't wait for you to get caught up so I have someone to discuss with. Even though there are only like 3 episodes left this season. I assume it's coming back, right? They just moved her night & that always worries me.
Just a little snipit of some of the witty banter:
(Logan pulls into the school parking lot to find Veronica waiting for him)

Logan (dripping with sarcasm): Just what I've always dreamed of -- coming to scool and having a hot blonde waiting for me!

V. Mars (with fake enthusiasm): Me, too!!

Logan (feigned shock): But I'm not blonde!

V. Mars (perfect deadpan): Or hot. hmmm.

I'm sure I'm not doing it justice here, but I just love the snappy dialogue and delivery. It's so great.

Anonymous said...

I know, I know! And I'm stuck watching SuperNanny!

Niki said...

Ash - maybe after the UPN/WB merger you will get it?? I'd be calling the cable company and bitching them out (I've become fairly good at that lately, since they like to double the amount for services which are already astronomically priced).

Niki said...

Oh, Andi - I'm totally caught up with season 1 and jeff is in the process of getting us season 2. I'm going through withdrawal and it's only been a few days. Your quote was a nice filler while I await new episodes.

As for next year, it's dicey. There are rumors it might not come back and a whole interent campaign to get it back. Google Veronica Mars and you'll see it. Keep our fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

I graduated highschool with the dude who plays Duncan Kane on the show. Is he a main dude?

Niki said...

that's pretty cool. he's kind of hot. i don't know about the second season, but in the first he's a pretty big character - not necessarily in a lot of scenes, but definitely a big part of the story.