Thursday, April 26, 2007

SO. CLOSE.

Last day of law school....EVER! (Another timeline, updated throughout the day)

1030-1145 - Law & Psychology
We're talking about sex, violence, and the media. Prof just mentioned "slasher" movies where sorority girls run around in nighties and get killed. He said, "maybe they don't do them anymore. I don't know. Anyway...I watched them."

"For my money, I'd rather my son watch Deep Throat than Terminator." (prof commenting the statistical evidence about effect on children from exposure to sexual media versus violent media)

12-115 - Federal Income Tax - nothing exciting today, no more vulgar comments, just regular discussions on the tax code and in particular capital gains. Ugh. This sent me fleeing to the internet where I found a very amusing story about Hugh Grant being arrested for assault for throwing a can of baked beans at a photog.

130-245 - Criminal Investigation - Standard day in Criminal Investigation. She talks a mile a minute so I can't even play on the internet in that class. 3 down, one more to go.

430-630 - Practical Trial Evidence (aka worst class ever) - in every class we have to get up and argue whether a piece of evidence should be admitted or not. We ended class early today - just before I was about to go! Happy last day to me!

Icing on the Cake - I went down Hwy 29 with straight greenlights, and for those of you that don't know, it feels like there's a red light every 50 feet on that road. Awesomeness.

6 comments:

Andria said...

That seems like a lot of classes for your last day. Aren't they normally cancelled or something? Congrats! Sorry you have to end with the worst class. But, at least it's an END!

Niki said...

It's my standard Thursday schedule, but you're right, seems like somebody should've been cancelling SOMETHING!

Ben said...

congrats niki, both for finishing law school and finding the great story about our Hugh.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! WOOHOO!

Niki said...

thanks everyone!

ashley said...

Way to go, Nik! I saw your mom in the grocery store yesterday. So effing strange to be home. Good for you finishing! I can't believe you're done already - but I'm sure you can! ;)