Monday, August 11, 2008

I'll Take Bronze and Happy Birthday to Me!

I know I was going for the gold tonight at the concert, but I'll settle for bronze.

Some highlights:

* Conor sang Happy Birthday! No really, he did! It just wasn't for me, it was for Nik Freitas, whose birthday was tonight (Aug 10). Still, pretty cool that he sang it tonight, no?

* Bought myself a souvenir t-shirt as a cheesy birthday gift

* Really close to the stage, I think I might have gotten some spit on me

* Waited outside after because what the hell, it was my birthday and Nik's birthday, so I figured I at least had something semi-original to say other than "great show." Met two cool sisters who were both as normal and as dorky as me. Going alone isn't so bad - you get to meet new people you never would've met before!

* Scored a set list. Yep. Dude brought one out to the fans waiting by the bus and said, "Who wants a set list?" One of my new friends was like, "It's her birthday!" So dude gave the set list to me. Normally I don't care much about these things, but I have to admit I'm pretty stoked about it.

* Never got to say hey to Conor or Nik, because it was pouring down raining, I'd waited an hour, and one of the staff told us they were staying overnight to celebrate Nik's birthday, then leaving tomorrow at 10am.

* Drove home trying to learn his new cd. Damn. New cd KICKS ASS ya'll. For real. I'm not just saying it because I love him; it's different from his usual sound, but it's really fuckin' good.


Obviously not from my show, but I am in love with this song, "Moab."

Must. Go. To. Sleep. (yeah, right. too excited)

4 comments:

jenn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad you had such a great time at the concert. . . and scored a set list! And how fun that you (almost) share a birthday with Nik Freitas!

Ruby said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time (and that set list, how cool!). What a great birthday gift to yourself, the concert AND the cheesy tee!

Andria said...

Proud of you for going it alone and having a grand ol' time. Kudos for scoring the set list and that's really cool that he sang Happy Birthday. .and to someone with such a similar name, too, so it totally worked for you!

tempe & chris said...

Happy birthday and I'm so glad you had such a great time!!