Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics: Day 4-1

* So apparently while I was at the concert, I missed the most incredible swimming race of all time. Whoops. I knew I was missing a little gymnastics action, but had no idea there was a French Fry going on as well. Searching for a clip, but as of yet have not been successful.

* Megan mentioned on Smartini that those bottoms Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are wearing are tiny. I would like to echo this concern and also point out that I have not seen one ounce of cellulite on either girl. I would kill someone to have their asses!

* Speaking of those girls, did anyone watch tonight? Does anyone know what the hell that black stuff was on Walsh's shoulder? I'm guess she had some sunburn or something, but still...weird.

* When does diving start? I really like the diving.

3 comments:

jenn said...

I have to admit that the race was amazing. . . sorry that you missed it! I'm sure it was worth it for Conor, though.

The black thing on Walsh's shoulder has something to do with therapy for a shoulder injury, I think.

I love diving, too! Some of the men's and women's synchronized diving finals were on Sunday and Monday nights. The women's synchronized platform diving final is tonight.

Niki said...

Thanks for the head's up on diving tonight (also ladies gymnastics team finals - hurray!) and the info on the shoulder thingy!

I MUST find a clip of this race.

ashley said...

The RACE WAS AWESOME! Not to make you feel bad, or anything, but it was so good, I blogged about it too. Of course, if you watched Olympic coverage last night, you probably saw the clip 800 times.

The tape is kiniesiologistic tape - she had rotator cuff surgery and the tape acts like a support. It's kind of like a brace made out of tape.

And yes, the bottoms are soooo tiny. Sheesh.