Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bummer.

I hate to do this to you guys, but I'm not sure I can sleep without venting a little. In the grand scheme of things, my life is fantastic and I have nothing to complain about. I know this.  In my little corner of the world, however, the following things are giving me grief this Sunday evening:

* Rafa loses in 4th round at French Open to giant douchebag named Soderling (actually wrote a much longer post about my coping with this but going to give it a day to marinade and edit then decide whether to publish)

* Bum knee/thigh/ankle? Let's just say bum leg

* Lack of exercise due to bum leg

* Feel fat due to lack of exercise and also, possibly, PMS

* Hopelessness re: how to remedy bum leg. Are there any good doctors here? Can I even afford a doctor, even with insurance, as may not all be covered?

* Hopelessness re: living in awful place where have to worry about presence of good doctors

* Hopelessness re: timeline for leaving awful place

* Boys

* Return to work tomorrow (Although really, given grand scheme of things, should be thankful I even have a job. . .even if they are going to decrease my pay by 7% and can I still afford rent + student loans + exorbitant electric bill + food?)

Gee. I thought this might make me feel better to get this off my shoulders, but in fact, now I just want to cry. Then again, maybe that's what I need to do to feel better?  I hate being a girl. HATE. IT.

4 comments:

Andria said...

You could watch a movie that you know makes you cry and blame it on that?

Tempe said...

I heart you. Hang in there, sweet girl.

jenn said...

:(

When I was unemployed, even though I knew I had so much to be grateful for, I gave myself time every once in a while to just a have a pity party. I'd give myself an afternoon or even a day and just let myself be depressed and mope and feel sorry for myself. It felt better to do that than to pretend that everything was great and suck it up all the time. I say embrace the pity party and have a good cry if you need it.

I'm sending you hugs!

penelope said...

Sigh. :(